HOYA surgical optics IOLS
The HOYA Corporation was founded in 1941 and was the first manufacturer of specialized optical glass in Japan. Today the company produces a wide array of optical products, the most important being intraocular lenses, made using a unique, proprietary technology.
Hoya has received separate patents for each lens and implantation system. The company is one of the top 100 high-tech companies in the world.
Advantages of Hoya lenses:
- Fully Preloaded single-use implantation system
- Hydrophobic material with no «glistening» effect
- Aspherical optical design (ABC Design Aspheric Balance Curve)
- Special polishing technology for optical surfaces
- The sharpest edge among all existing models (Sharpest Edge Design)
- Elements made of PMMA (Polymethyl methacrylate) on the haptic edge
- One-step implantation device (through incision)
- Incision size from 2.2 mm
PMMA elements on the haptic edge:
- Visualization of the implantation process
- Haptic elements do not stick to the lens during implantation
- Provides elastic rigidity when positioning the IOL in the capsular bag